Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A new purpose!


I originally started this blog a little over two years ago as a bit of therapy. I could share my story anonymously and heal from the telling of it. You can see from the 4 posts below how that went. It turned out to be much more emotionally draining then I thought it was going to be. I also stressed about making it worth while and entertaining to read. It soon became a forgotten blog on my blog roll. Whenever I would log into blogger I would see it there and think, "I really should write a post on that blog soon" and then would move on to post on my regular blog.

I have recently decided to dust off and revamp this blog and join the voices of birth mothers across the blogger community. I am a grad student studying social work and find myself working with unwed expectant mothers as well as recent birth mothers on a regular basis. My heart breaks as I hear their struggles and pains and I remember the first few years after I placed I wished so badly that I could talk to another birth mother. I wanted to know if the huge void and pain I was feeling would continue forever. My hope in writing this blog is that through sharing my experiences as a birth mother and the things that have helped me heal, women who are wondering the same thing I was wondering seven years ago will learn that things do get better. The love for your child will never go away but the pain will dull and life will get better.

My goal is to post at least once a week on subjects that have helped me heal and grow or on my current feelings about my own adoption.

No comments: