Monday, January 24, 2011

United by Love: Facebook Birth Parent Group

I am very excited about this! LDS Family Services has provided a birth parent support group over the phone for the last year. I have been involved in this support group and it is a good thing. They are trying to make it more accessible to birth parents every where so it is moving to facebook! I have found that one of the BEST ways to deal with the grief of being a birth parent is to talk about it! Really! As I talk about my feelings and release all the bottled up emotions I feel a release and a peace that is so healing! Also it helps me to bond with other birth parents going through similar things! It reminds me that I am not the only one who has experienced what I have experienced. As a birth mother, and especially if you are a recent birth mother or one who has not been able to talk and express your emotions, support from others is key! What a wonderful thing to realize you are a member of a sisterhood of wonderful women who have made the same heartbreaking/selfless decision you have! Please go read the United by Love blog and join the facebook chat! What a blessing the support group it!

United by Love: Facebook Birth Parent Group

The support group will be held every 4th Thursday of the month on facebook. Search “LDSFS Expectant Parent/Birth Parent Support Group” and request to join because it will be a closed group (for obvious reasons). The dates of the group are are listed below. If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Lyon at 801-240-3096 or at sagerssd@ldschurch.org.

Jan 27

Feb 24

Mar 31

Apr 28

May 26

June 30

July 28

Aug 25

Sept 29

Oct 27

Nov 17

Dec 29

No comments: