Thursday, March 31, 2011

A borrowed post

About 6 months ago I wrote a few posts on my personal blog about adoption. It probably was what inspired me to start writing on this blog again. Anyway, I thought I would share it with you just for fun!

Some times I read The R House Blog. November is adoption awareness month and it's author has issued a challenge to celebrate by blogging about adoption everyday. When I read her challenge I knew there was no way I could blog everyday, but I decided I could blog at least once a week. I don't know if it is the lack of sleep or what but I am finding myself a bit emotional tonight. I have never spoken about adoption before on my blog and honestly I am at a loss as to what to say. It may be because this is something that is so close to my heart that I don't share my feelings about it very often if at all. The thought of talking about it on cyber space is a bit paralyzing. But I made the goal to take the challenge and so here it goes.....

I feel like I should write something quick and uplifting about adoption and then my goal is done for the week! With regards to the topic....This year has been a hard one for me. HA How is that up lifting? I am getting there. Yesterday as I was cleaning the kitchen, I couldn't help but think about how different my life could have been. I am usually pretty strong when it comes to this but sometimes.....you just can't help the what ifs. After my minute vacation on the other side of the fence I began to think of all of the joy in my life because a choice was made for adoption to be a familiar thing.

I feel very strongly that adoption blesses the lives of all parties involved.
For those who for whatever reason are hoping for children, adoption blesses them with the gift of parenthood. People often say that no other joy exceeds that of being a parent. Adoption gives that joy to couples who are not able to experience it otherwise.

For the birth parents who choose to place for adoption it gives them opportunities to provide their child with a home they always imagined for them. Although adoption is made with the welfare of the baby in mind it often allows the birth parents with opportunities to grow and develop in wonderful ways.

But most importantly adoption is a blessing for the child. In most cases the child is loved and adored by both a mother and a father in a stable home. That sweet child is often given every opportunity the adoptive couple can afford. That little baby not only has one family who thinks about them and prays for them, but they have two families who do that.

I wish I could express the joy that can come through adoption but I lack the words.

My heart is full when I think of how it has touched my life and the lives of those I love so dearly. I feel like in this society adoption is thought of as the easy way out and is very under appreciated. However adoption is probably one of the greatest tender mercies the Lord can provide. It requires a great amount of selfless love that in my opinion makes adoption a difficult choice but a huge miracle to the lives of so many people.

Adoption is an incredible gift and I truly am grateful for it's blessings in my life. It enriches my life daily and continues to refine and bless me.

No comments: