Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy Birthday L!

WOW! It's been a long time since I've blogged. Recently two very special people in my adoption story have celebrated birthdays! My birth son B and his adoptive mother L. I have wanted to write a post about L for a little while and what better time to do it then now, to celebrate her birth?

What can I say about L? She is amazing. But isn't that what almost every birth mother says about the adoptive parents they have chosen for their child? In my case it is true. Really. When I was considering all my options during my pregnancy I hadn't completely made up my mind on adoption. I wanted so much for my little baby and knew I could not give it all to him when I wanted him to have it. I did not want him to go one day with out the blessings he deserved. But I looked at profile after profile and I could not find the right people to raise my sweet little son. And there was no way I was going to give my child to a couple who was not perfect for him. When I found C and L's profile I knew they were perfect and I have been in awe of L ever since. She was everything that I admired and still is. She loves being a mother and is really good at it. I love watching her interact with her children on videos she sends me.

After placement L and I wrote letters to each other pretty regularly. At first, my motivation was to hear about B and how he was doing. But eventually my communication with her evolved to me wanting to know how she and C were doing. My relationship with her became about more then just B. I value her and C's friendship and love them for so many reasons. I respect L and see so many qualities in her that I want to have. I would do almost anything for her. My heart breaks when I think of challenges she may be facing and the heartache she has being a part of the adoption world. I wish I could fix them all make everything better for her always.

I feel like my ability to express myself tonight is limited. L I love you and am so grateful for you. What a wonderful mother and friend you are. Thank  you for all you do for me and how kind, sweet, and considerate you always are of me. Thanks for taking care of me so well when I needed it so much. Happy Birthday! I am so glad you were born!

No comments: